When I was studying abroad in Spain during college, it was amazing to see how many languages the majority of young people knew. My host family’s daughter knew at least 3 different languages and was working on a 4th. Research has shown that it is fairly easy for young children to learn more than 1 language and those children tend to excel in academics (among other things). So, we want to teach Logan a 2nd language while he’s still a little sponge.
Mr. Crafty Nest and I are hoping that Logan becomes fluent in both English and Spanish. The only problem is that we only know a tiny bit of Spanish, even though both our mothers are fluent in both English and Spanish. So, the plan is to expose him to both Spanish and English as much as possible. Being non-Spanish speakers, we obviously need some help in this area. Little Pim came to our rescue and sent us their Spanish “happy, sad and silly” DVD.
I’ve been putting this DVD on for Logan while I prepare dinner in the evenings, and he seems to enjoy it. My toddler is always on the go and TV has never really caught his interest…probably because it would require him to sit still for longer than 2 seconds. While Logan is still a busy body, he actually stops (for brief moments) to watch this DVD. He loves seeing the other children on the video and enjoys the cartoon characters. Even while he’s running around the living room, he is absorbing the new language and I can see his little wheels turning.
I can’t wait to add more Little Pim videos to our collection. Little Pim videos are available in Spanish (of course), Italian, Chinese, German, English, French, Japanese, Arabic, Russian and Hebrew. So awesome!
Visit Little Pim to purchase these products. A purchase is not necessary to enter the giveaway.
Required: (You must do #1 in order to qualify for the giveaway)
1. Visit Little Pim. Come back here and tell me which language you would pick if you won. Make sure to leave your email address or a way for me to contact you in your comment.
Optional/Additional Entries: (Please leave a separate comment for each entry)
2. Follow The Crafty Nest via Google Friend Connect. Current followers count!
3. Subscribe to The Crafty Nest via email HERE. Current subscribers count!
7. Follow The Crafty Nest on Pinterest. Current followers count!
8. Post The Crafty Nest badge on your blog (just copy and paste the code you see in my sidebar).
9. Enter another giveaway(s) on The Crafty Nest.
10. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post on this blog.
11. Participate in “Do Something Crafty Fridays” or “Buff Mama Mondays”.
12. Vote for The Craft Nest on We’re on the Fence or Top Mommy Blogger by clicking on the following buttons (can be voted for daily):
The fine print: Do this by December 28th and you are in! 1 winner will be picked randomly. Please make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you or we won’t be able to get this fabulous prize to you. Winners who I am unable to contact and who don’t respond within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification will forfeit their prize and I will draw another name. The products featured above was provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency. These opinions expressed are my own opinions and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone.