(diy tutorial) lucky chocolate covered oreos + free printable

Pin It
St. Patricks Day Oreos
The Oreo Pops I made for Valentine’s Day were such a hit, I thought I’d do a St. Patrick’s Day spin on them. Since Logan was around 3 months old, we’ve been attending Gymboree. He loves his teachers and his little friends that he’s met there. I love that it wears him out and he usually gets in a good nap on our Gymbo days! So, we decided to give these lucky chocolate covered Oreos to his Gymbo instructors, who we’re very lucky to know! Make up a batch of these for your kiddo’s teacher for St. Patty’s Day, I’m sure they’ll appreciate it! By the way, can you believe that tomorrow is already March? Where did February go?!

Materials
Oreos (I used Mint Oreos)
White, Dark Chocolate & Green Candy Melts (I used the Wilton brand)
Melting/Decorating Squeeze Bottles
Parchment Paper
To give as a gift you’ll need: Small clear bags, cupcake wrappers, printer/paper, hole puncher, scissors and hemp or ribbon.

Directions
Step 1: Place 1/2 bag of the white candy melts in a microwaveable mixing bowl and 1/2 bag of the chocolate candy melts in a separate bowl. Melt according to package. I recommend melting in 30 second increments and mixing in between until all chips are melted.

Step 2: Dip half of the bag of Oreos in the white candy melts and the other half in the chocolate candy melts. I recommend using a fork and gently tapping off the excess chocolate before placing on parchment paper to dry.

Step 3: Once the chocolate covered Oreos are dry, fill up the squeeze bottle halfway full of green candy melts. Place the bottle in a bowl of hot water, while periodically squeezing the bottle to help the candy melts melt. Draw zig zag lines on the oreos with the squeeze bottle and allow the green to dry.

Step 4: Print out the I’m So Lucky To Know You tags. Cut out the tags and punch a hole at the top of each tag.

So Lucky to Know You

Step 5: Place 3 or 4 chocolate covered oreos in a cupcake liner, place inside of a clear bag and tie with hemp or ribbon. Don’t forget to add a tag!

I’m linking up this project here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Pin It
Signature

Comments

1. Donna says:

Yum!!!

2. Dena says:

Delicious and Pretty! Question – How do you keep from just eating spoonfuls of melted chocolate?

3. Kelsey says:

These look so yummy!! :)
    Kelsey recently posted..Super Duper Group GiveawayMy Profile

4. Lindy@itsybitsypaper says:

I love this project. I hope you will stop by and link up to my St. Patty’s Day Project Parade.

5. These look so amazing! Would you be willing to link up your post to my Springtime Holiday Link Party? I’d love to have you! http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html
    michelle Paige recently posted..Basketball Party–March Madness!My Profile

6. These are great! Thanks for the printable! PInned it =o)

7. Justine says:

Stopping by from the Weekend Wrap UP Party!!! http://queenofsavings.com

8. Thauna says:

Oreos and chocolate! Two of my favorite things. These are simply adorable! Love the tags!
    Thauna recently posted..What I Do {I’m a Web Designer}My Profile

9. Tori says:

Thanks for the free printable! I put a link to it on my blog.

10. Gina says:

Vanessa, I am totally making these for my co-workers even though they do not deserve them. Too cute to pass up!

• Vanessa says:

They are the lucky ones to know you but I’m sure they will love them! Blog about them and send me the link and I’ll add you to my reader gallery!

11. So cute & yummy!!! Pinning! Would love to have you link this up to my party going on over on my blog. Would LOVE to have you! :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

12. Danielle S. says:

Can’t wait to make these for the employees at my office :)

13. Andrea G. says:

Can’t wait to try these, they look amazing!

14. Christina says:

I love the dipped Oreo’s. They are so easy but so impressive! Thanks for including the free printable! I have included this in my St. Patrick’s Day Roundup!
    Christina

15. Susan Jensen says:

These are delicious we (self & hubby) they had to be hidden , harder to get at. Hubby decorated, Im laughing thinking of 87 yrs. yes!! he is so cute. Thanks for all you share. LUV

16. yadi says:

these are so cute, since i miss st patrics i will make these for my kids party on saturday.

17. Beth T. says:

These look delicious and the printable is really cute. Thanks so much.

Trackbacks

1. [...]  Lucky Oreo’s and Free Printables @ See Vanessa Craft  [...]

2. [...] know you’re probably wondering what all of the yummy looking stuff is. I made chocolate covered oreos, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate bunny suckers and chocolate cupcakes topped with edible [...]