Time for another “Crafting On A Dime” post! Kate of A Creative Cookie is taking over my blog today and showing us what she can do for under 10 bucks. She really is one creative cookie, her blog is full of fun ideas! I love her tie snake toy idea and cookie monster treat bags, cute right?! I’ll turn it over to Kate now, while I go tend to a sick baby (I hate airplane germs).
Hi there! I’m Kate and I blog over at my little corner of the sky, A Creative Cookie. I love photography and enjoy sharing my crafts with other people. I’m super excited to be here today!
I have been in desperate need of a mirror in my closet. I found a cheap mirror from Dollar Tree about a month or two ago, but it was literally falling apart. Creative instincts told me to grab the glue gun and start working!
Dollar Store mirror ($1)
Ribbon scraps (I had them on hand, but you can get nice ribbon at Michaels for $1-$2)
Small beads (Already had ‘em! You can find bead strands at a craft store for $1-$2)
Hot glue gun
Needle + thread (for beads, optional)
Total Project Cost: $1
Step 1: Wash off your mirror. I had to pull tape and hardened glue off of the frame sides.
Step 2: Lay out the ribbon. Take your needle and thread your way through your beads. Knot both sides. Lay that out as well.
Step 3: Starting with the bottom-most ribbon, wrap it around and tape the ends in the back. Continue with each ribbon (and beads)!
Step 4: Glue all four sides of the frame back on. It may be a tight fit over the ribbon, but it should fit. You can finish with gluing the ribbon on the back, but the tape stayed on just fine for me.
(1) Grab a hair clip and clip it onto the ribbon. It can give the mirror a new look any time you feel its time for a change!
(2) Even though this mirror can hang on its own, the stand in the photo gives it a nice touch. It’s also from Dollar Tree!
Thanks so much for having me Vanessa! This was so much fun!
Brought to you by:
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Craft: Snowflake Glitter Calm Down Jar for Kids - December 9, 2017
- Kid Friendly: National Llama Day with World Market - December 6, 2017
- Recipe: Despicable Me 3 Minions Chocolate Bark - December 5, 2017
- Christmas: 100+ Handmade Ornament Ideas - December 1, 2017