Saturday was my last day of mama bootcamp and I’m left feeling a bit anxious about being able to keep off the inches that I lost on my own. I need something new to work towards, so I’m highly considering signing up for a 1/2 marathon. I know, I’m officially crazy. The problem is that it’s soooo hot here, even at 6am, so training in the summertime might be a bit difficult (especially with a kiddo prone to heat rash). I’ll just do what I can now and step it up when it starts cooling down in September. I just don’t want to lose the endurance and strength that I’ve gained, so I’m thinking of incorporating a few Insanity DVD’s into my workout routine.
Speaking of working out and running, I feel like the intensity of it all has contributed to me feeling starving 24/7. Even though I’m making better food choices, I’m basically just working out to maintain my weight. I’m stuck, but I still have weight to lose. So, I need to put the focus back on my diet and stick with my Nutrisystem meal plan. One thing I already started doing is increase my water intake to 100oz per day, which helps me feel fuller and eat less. Plus, sometimes I just eat out of boredom and I’m trying to train my brain to drink water instead. Of course, 100oz of plain water a day gets old pretty quickly so I’ve come up with a few ways to help me get my water in. I’d love to hear your suggestions!
1. Fruit Ice Cubes. Freeze berries and other chunks of fruit in ice cubes and plop them in your water for a refreshing treat. There’s just something about berries in your water that make it more enticing to drink.
2. Liquid Flavored Stevia. I just recently discovered this stuff and I LOVE it! You can find it at health food stores like Whole Foods. When I’m having a coffee craving, I add a few drops of the English Toffee flavored stevia to my water and I’m good to go. I’m totally addicted.
3. Detox Water. I’ve told just about everyone I know about this recipe. It is soooo good and will definitely get you drinking more water. It’s basically 1/2 cucumber, 12 mint leaves and 2 lemons added to 3 quarts of water. Let sit for 8 hours and then start chugging. I try to start my Mondays off with a batch of detox water.
4.Flavored Light Drink Mixes. I try not to do these mixes very often and try to limit them to once a day because I don’t like the artificial ingredients in them, but they are still a good way to increase your water intake. I just discovered that Crystal Light makes a new mix without artificial sweeteners that might be a good alternative.
The fine print: Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me for free, as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program. These opinions expressed are my own opinions and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. Want to join me on the Nutrisystem program? Call 1-888-853-4689 or sign up online.
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Recipe: Pomegranate Blueberry Greek Yogurt Popsicles - July 13, 2018
- Craft: Easy Moon Sand Recipe for Kids - July 9, 2018
- Recipe: 3 Ingredient Nacho Cheese Dip and Giveaway - June 29, 2018
- DIY: Guest Welcome Basket and Wifi Password Sign - June 28, 2018