Logan is all about dinosaurs, so I knew this activity would be a winner. This week we checked out dinosaur related books from the library and played this fun dinosaur tracks game. I taped numbered dino footprints all over the living room and he had a blast hopping from one set to the next, while identifying numbers and colors. Any activity that gets my 2 year old up and moving is usually a hit. We kept the dino tracks taped to the living room floor all day and Logan continuously went back to them, counting and identifying colors without any assistance.
Activity: Dino Tracks
(learning objective: counting, identifying numbers, identifying colors, language development)
Dino Footprint Stencil or Silhouette/Cricut Graphic
Double Sided Tape
Cut 10 pairs of dinosaur tracks out of different colored cardstock. If you have a Silhouette or Cricut, you can use these machines for cutting. If not, you can look for a free stencil online and cut them out yourself. With a marker, number each pair of tracks 1-10. Tape the pairs close together on the floor, ordering the tracks from 1-10. Have your child stand on each pair of tracks as he counts and identifies colors. You can also call out a number or color and have him hop on the correct pair of tracks. Dinosaur sounds encouraged.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Kid Friendly: 5 Reasons Kids Should Take Swim Lessons - April 14, 2018
- Craft: DIY Vinyl Clipboard Teacher Gift Idea - April 12, 2018
- Craft: Sunny Day DIY Bath Bombs - April 11, 2018
- Craft: Cricut Patterned Iron On Cactus Shirt - April 4, 2018