Play this easy alphabet Easter egg hunt activity with your kiddos to help them learn their letters and sounds. We’ve done something similiar with balloons, but this was a fun way to welcome Easter into our home. My 2.5 year old always enjoys activities that get him moving. After this activity, I realized that we hadn’t reviewed our letters or sounds lately because Logan had forgot a lot of them. Time to think of more fun alphabet games to help him remember! Any suggestions?
Activity: Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
(learning objective: letter recognition)
26 Plastic Easter Eggs
Alphabet Letter Stickers or Adhesive Vinyl & Cutting Machine
Attach alphabet letter stickers to 26 plastic Easter eggs. You can also make your own stickers, like I did, using adhesive vinyl and a Silhouette or other cutting machine. Spread or hide the eggs through your living room or learning area. Hand your child an Easter basket and have them “hunt” for the alphabet eggs. Once they find an egg, have them identify the letter and the sound the letter makes before putting it inside their basket. Continue until all eggs are found. For older children, you can have them line up the eggs in alphabetical order or use them to spell out words.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Disney: The Story Behind Cars 3 #Cars3Event - May 15, 2017
- Recipe: 25+ Amazing Instant Pot Recipes - May 12, 2017
- Disney: Pixar in a Box from Khan Academy #Cars3Event - May 10, 2017
- Party: Summer Fruit Party Banner and Invitations - May 9, 2017