Dinosaurs are still the coolest thing in the world to my 2.5 year old. In fact, he still plays with the dinosaur tracks play dough activity I made him a few months ago almost daily. I used that same concept for these dino footprint cookies and they were a hit! Logan loved being able to help mom in the kitchen and bake his very first batch of peanut butter cookies. The dinosaur footprint faded a bit when cooked, but you could still vaguely see them and my tot still loved them!
Activity: Dinosaur Footprint Peanut Butter Cookies
(learning objective: fine motor skills, counting, language development & more)
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Butter
Miniature Dinosaur Toys
Allow your child to help measure and pour ingredients (all but the miniature dinosaur toys) into a large mixing bowl. Beat mixture until smooth. Cover bowl or place mixture into a large plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten balls with the bottom of a floured glass cup. Allow your child to make dinosaur footprint on the cookies with miniature dino toys. Bake in the oven for 9 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Craft: End of School Year Bubble Gift Idea - May 21, 2018
- Craft: Bedtime Lavender Bath Bomb Recipe - May 20, 2018
- Disney: 10+ Must Eat Pixar Fest Treats and Snacks - May 17, 2018
- Craft: Nella the Princess Knight Pipe Cleaner Bubble Wands - May 14, 2018