My almost 3 year old loves anything animal related at the moment, a close second to dinosaurs of course. So, when Shamrock Farms invited us to their dairy farm, we jumped at the chance! I thought it would make for a perfect tot school field trip and it didn’t disappoint, Logan is still talking about his trip to the cow farm. Logan learned all about how a dairy farm is ran and how the cows got milked. He even got to play with a milk stimulator on a fake cow. The highlight of the trip was when he got to feed a baby calf. After the tour, we got to taste test some new sour cream flavors from Shamrock Farms (yum) and no trip to a dairy farm is complete without some ice cream!
I’m a big believer in hands on experiences for kids. When I look back at my schooling, the moments that stand out the most are the times when my teachers thought outside of the box and allowed us hands on experiences. I learned the most through touch and play. I discovered a love for poetry when my high school English teacher allowed us to lounge outside in the grass while reading us his favorite poetry. I discovered a love for nature and science when my 3rd grade teacher taught us how to build a bird’s nest out of sticks and twigs. Those were the moments that shaped my interests and ultimately led me to discover what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I challenge you to take Tot School outside of the classroom next week. Whether it be a dairy farm or a children’s museum, your kiddos will love the hands on experience and it will be something that sticks with them for a lifetime!
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Fizzy Bath Salts Craft - April 26, 2019
- Upcycled Kleenex Tissue Box Succulent Planter and Craft Caddy - April 19, 2019
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe - April 1, 2019
- Printable: Swim Team Gift Idea Inspired by Mo Willems - March 29, 2019