We’re working on identifying numbers and counting during Tot School this week, dinosaur style of course! I’ve found that the easiest way to engage your tot in a more structured learning activity is to use something that they are already interested in. My almost 3 year old is obsessed with dinosaurs, so I got creative and turned a normal counting activity into a fun bathtub dinosaur counting activity. He couldn’t wait to get in the tub and play! Another added bonus of this activity is that if you have a difficult bather, they’ll hop in willingly for this.
Activity: Bathtub Dinosaur Counting
Dinosaur Footprint Stencil
Black Permanent Marker
Trace the dinosaur footprint stencil onto your foam sheets 5 times. Cut out the foam footprints. Number the footprints 1-5, using a black permanent marker. Cut out 15 small circles (or “dinosaur eggs”). Place the dinosaur footprints on the side of the tub and allow your child to place to coordinating number of “dinosaur egg” circles on them. When wet, the foam will stick to the tub.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Fizzy Bath Salts Craft - April 26, 2019
- Upcycled Kleenex Tissue Box Succulent Planter and Craft Caddy - April 19, 2019
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe - April 1, 2019
- Printable: Swim Team Gift Idea Inspired by Mo Willems - March 29, 2019