Logan starts half-day Montessori preschool next month and I’m already a mess. He loves learning and being around other kids, so he’s definitely ready. When we toured his school, Logan jumped right in and started socializing immediately with the other children. He got upset when we made him leave, which is a good sign in my book. I’m nervous about the transition, especially because we just had a baby, so I’m trying to prepare him for school as much as possible. Using his love of dinosaurs to my advantage, we made dinosaur rice cereal treats and read “How Dinosaurs Go to School?” together. Any advice for the preschool transition?
Activity: Rice Cereal Dinosaur Back To School Treats
Rice Krispies Cereal
Dinosaur Cookie or Sandwich Cutter
How Do Dinosaurs Go To School Book
Make rice cereal treats according to the instructions on the cereal box. Press, 1/2 inch deep, in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Use a dinosaur cookie or sandwich cutter to cut out rice cereal dinosaurs. I found my dino sandwich cutter in the Target dollar bins. Stick a paper straw in the dinosaur and enjoy while reading “How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?” by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Fizzy Bath Salts Craft - April 26, 2019
- Upcycled Kleenex Tissue Box Succulent Planter and Craft Caddy - April 19, 2019
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe - April 1, 2019
- Printable: Swim Team Gift Idea Inspired by Mo Willems - March 29, 2019