This summertime heat has required some creativity to keep my 3 year old occupied because he can’t play outside much. This week we made toilet paper roll binoculars, a fun and easy kid craft that can be turned into a great learning activity. Logan roamed around the house with his homemade binoculars searching out dinosaurs and identifying different colors and shapes. Luckily, it was cool enough to take our binoculars outside early in the morning for these photos. The perfect summer activity!
Activity: Toilet Paper Roll Binoculars Kid Craft
2 Toilet Paper Rolls
Acrylic or Tempera Paint
Ric Rac (or other decorative embellishments)
Allow your child to paint the 2 toilet paper rolls with their choice of color(s). Allow toilet paper rolls to dry. Glue a piece of ric rac around each toilet paper roll as shown in the photo. Glue the toilet paper rolls together in the shape of binoculars as shown in the photo. Punch 2 holes on the sides of each toilet paper roll and tie a piece of yarn through the holes to make a binocular “strap”. Allow your child to explore and search for dinosaurs, birds and other animals. You could even play an eye-spy type of game with the binoculars and have your child search out specific objects or colors.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Kid Friendly: 5 Reasons Kids Should Take Swim Lessons - April 14, 2018
- Craft: DIY Vinyl Clipboard Teacher Gift Idea - April 12, 2018
- Craft: Sunny Day DIY Bath Bombs - April 11, 2018
- Craft: Cricut Patterned Iron On Cactus Shirt - April 4, 2018