Hello! I am Triana from Rocky Mountain Mama. I am a stay at home mother of two and a former elementary school teacher. Now that school has started, it’s time for your little ones to work on their letters. I cannot tell you how great it was when kids came into kindergarten knowing their letters! Here are 5 activities you can do with your little one to work on letter recognition and letter formation.
1. Salt Board
Get a cookie sheet and fill it with salt. Using their index finger, have your child form a letter in the salt. Make sure they start at the top! If your child isn’t quite ready for this, make the letter in the salt for them and then have them trace over what you made. This activity is also great for practicing numbers and shapes. Kiddos love the feeling of the salt on their fingers.
You can get a cookie sheet at the dollar store if you don’t want to use your own. This also works great with shaving cream, yogurt, flour, etc.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- 8 Fun Things to Do at Phoenix Altitude Trampoline Park - September 13, 2019
- Cottage Cheese Waldorf Salad Recipe - August 29, 2019
- 10 Things to Do at The Crayola Experience in Arizona - August 2, 2019
- Jungle Dirt Pudding Inspired by Dora and the Lost City of Gold - July 25, 2019