This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedVelvetLove #CollectiveBias
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays and we’re celebrating with an M&M’s® Red Velvet Heart Pizookie (Pizza Cookie). My parents, who have been married for 30+ years, got married on Valentine’s Day. They always made Valentine’s Day a special family holiday. My dad would bring home a bouquet of roses for my mom and always make sure to set aside a single rose for me. We’d all go out to dinner or do something fun and I can remember asking them how we are going to celebrate OUR anniversary. I love that they chose to included me in their special day.
I hope to carry on the same Valentine’s Day tradition with my kiddos. Any excuse to make fun memories as a family is okay with me! I typically make all of their food in heart shapes – pancake hearts for breakfast and grilled cheese hearts for lunch. This year I’m making a pizookie heart for dessert and was able to do a test run before the big day. In case if you are wondering what in the world a pizookie is, it’s a large pizza cookie typically topped with a couple scoops of ice cream. It’s soooo good!
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup M&M's® Red Velvet & M&M's® Milk Chocolate (mixed)
- 1/4 cup M&M's® Red Velvet for sprinkling on top
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Add flour, baking soda, butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract to your mixer and mix on low-medium until smooth.
- Fold in M&M's® and add to a heart shaped baking pan.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until the cookie turns a golden brown and is cooked in the center.
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream to the top and sprinkle remaining M&M's® Red Velvet on top. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Recipe: 55+ Easy One Pot Meals - July 23, 2017
- Craft: LEGO Soap Teacher Gift with Cricut - July 18, 2017
- Travel: 10 Things To Do at Knott’s Berry Farm with Young Kids - July 10, 2017
- Craft: Road Trip Duck Pond Printable - July 7, 2017