Hello, See Vanessa Craft friends! For those of you that haven’t met me yet, I’m Shelly from Dolen Diaries where I share my adventures in creativity. Do you want to be a DIYer but you have no idea where to start!?! First things first…let’s build your Beginners DIY Toolkit!
One of my absolute favorite things to do is DIY projects with my husband. In fact, most of our date nights happen in our garage, we call them Garage Date Nights. Nothing beats bonding over a pile of lumber and some power tools! The hardware store can be overwhelming if you don’t know what you are looking for! (Click on the shopping list photo and print!)
Here’s some Dolen Diaries Beginners DIY Toolkit Shopping Tips:
- Around Christmas and Father’s Day Home Depot sells sets of Husky screw drivers or sets with needle nose pliers, channel locks, a crescent wrench, and pliers in their special sales section for a very reasonable price.
- Christmas and Father’s Day is also a good time to watch for a universal bit set.
- Ryobi’s 18V ONE+ System is a great power tool starter set. I won this last year and these tools have become DIY staples! (I’m not getting paid to say this!)
- When shopping for a jig saw get the one that feels best in your hand for the best control. (We like the Bosch and Dewalt jig saws.)
- There is nothing more irritating than not being able to find your tools so pick up a tool bag and/or toolbox. *the Ryobi kit comes with a bag
- Over the years we’ve gathered quite the collection of those plastic yellow stackable bins (they are super inexpensive) to keep our nuts, bolts, nails, screws, etc organized in. Keep these sorted and labeled early on and you won’t regret it!
Next month we will be using our Beginners DIY Toolkit to make a beginners project so don’t forget to pop back by but while you wait swing on by Dolen Diaries to check out all of my DIY projects, crafts, and kids crafts/activities.