This patio makeover has been compensated by World Market and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WorldMarketLove4Outdoors #SummerGetaway
We spend quite a bit of time in our backyard as a family. With a swing set and outdoor toys galore, it’s (over)filled with plenty of things for the kids. And that’s exactly how I envisioned our backyard, a safe place for the kids to run and play. The problem was that it was lacking a space carved out for the grown ups too. I love hosting playdates and outdoor entertaining, but the toys were taking over. I wanted a fun space for the kids, but also a pretty space for myself and my guests.
Keeping these outdoor entertaining tips from HGTV star Sabrina Soto in mind, off to World Market I went for a total patio makeover for future shindigs…
1. Make the space adapt to how it’s going to be used—and by whom! If kids are coming to your outdoor party, opt for durable essentials like melamine plates and acrylic glasses.
2. Choose outdoor lighting wisely. Layer your outdoor space with candles, bistro lights and outdoor lanterns to keep the party going when the sun sets.
3. Free up your time (and hands)! Set up a small table or cart stocked with drinks, snacks and treats so guests can serve themselves.
I fell in love with World Market’s new Riviera Escape Collection and had to have the colorful pillows, melamine plates and tray. They gave me a great color pallet to work off of that was bright but still inviting. Because this space is shared with children, durable melamine plates and acrylic glasses were on my shopping list. Lots of pillows are a good way to add that pop of color and you can easily change them out depending on your party color scheme.
I love decorating with lanterns and candles for parties. They can add color and texture during daylight hours and as the sun sets, they are great for a warm ambiance. World Market has an amazing selection of party lighting and candles, it was tough to not come home with them all! I love the clear lantern I decided on, which is very versatile and could match just about any party theme. The smaller colorful candle was a fun and inexpensive way to add in more pops of color, without overcommitting myself to one color scheme forever.
My favorite tip from Sabrina Soto is setting up a small table or cart filled with drinks and snacks so guests can serve themselves. We recently hosted a cheese tasting party and followed her advice. The cheese, salami, crackers and grapes (mostly from World Market by the way) were placed on a serving tray, where guests could help themselves from. Drinks were conveniently placed in a nearby ice bucket on a stand, another great World Market find!
I’m so in love with my cozy new space, where both adults and kids can co-exist! Speaking of outdoor entertaining this summer, World Market is hosting a Summer Getaway Sweepstakes in partnership with Delta Vacations! You can enter to win one of 4 Grand Prize packages:
- Trip for 2 on Delta Vacations
- Hotel Accommodations
- $500 CPWM gift card
Winners can choose to travel to one of the following locations: Florida, Hawaii, South Carolina, New Orleans and New York! Be sure to ENTER for your chance to win today at worldmarketsweepstakes.com!
Where would you go if you won?
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Christmas: Italian Gift Basket with Printable Tags - December 4, 2018
- Disney: DIY Frozen Anna Shirt from Ralph Breaks the Internet - November 20, 2018
- Recipe: Easy Hot Bean Taco Dip - November 13, 2018
- Recipe: Dunkin’ Donuts® Apple Pie Coffee - November 5, 2018