You’ve already heard me rave about how much I loved Disney Pixar’s original new film Inside Out, when I had the opportunity to watch a sneak peek at Disney Social Media Moms and hear from the producer, Jonas Rivera. In a nutshell, the movie is about 11-year-old Riley and the 5 emotions in her mind: Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust, Sadness. I’m not going to give away any spoilers, but it is so gooood and possibly my new favorite Disney movie (TBD after I get to view the ending). I’m sharing an Inside Out inspired recipe today to tide us over until the release date: Joy’s More-is-More S’mores. Its got marshmallows and fudge and graham crackers and it looks like the perfect summer treat!
Inside Out is a great movie to watch with your children, especially pre-teens and teenagers. A lot of great parental conversations might be inspired by the movie. With my almost 5 year old, it has been a great opportunity to help label and validate feelings. In my pre-blogger social worker life, I’d often ask the kiddos I worked with how they were doing through a chart displaying different feelings with pictures of faces. It was easier for them to identify their feelings and they were more apt to talk about them, rather then give the typical teenager response of “fine”. This movie has so much potential for meaningful conversation for parents and kids. Teachers, Social Workers and Therapists or anyone who works with kids should definitely watch too! We are counting down the days until June 19th!
INGREDIENTS (serves 8)
1 (10.5 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
1 (1 pound) bag large marshmallows
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. hot fudge sauce, warmed
8 graham crackers
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a 9×13 cake pan with cooking spray. Prepare brownie batter per package directions and pour into prepared cake pan. Bake 20-22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
2. Turn oven to broil.
3. Place marshmallows over brownies. Leaving oven door ajar, place marshmallow-topped brownies under broiler 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown, watching very closely to avoid burning.
4. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over top of toasted marshmallows.
5. Take half of the graham crackers and break them into planks; crush other half of graham crackers into crumbs.
6. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over top of toasted marshmallows, and place graham cracker planks randomly into toasted marshmallows. Serve immediately.
Get the printable recipe for Joy’s More-is-More S’mores + 4 other Inside Out inspired recipes here (click, save & print):
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- DIY: Pink and Purple Floral Big Girl Room Makeover - January 11, 2018
- Disney: Disney On Ice Follow Your Heart Discount Code - January 10, 2018
- Kid Friendly: 25+ Toy and LEGO Organization Ideas - January 7, 2018
- Travel: 10 Things To Do in LEGOLAND California for the Holidays - January 4, 2018