Hi There! My name is Mindy, and I blog over at Mindy Alyse Celebrations. I am so excited to be over on See Vanessa Craft today sharing a super simple DIY cake décor tutorial. I am ALL about making parties cute, easy, and inexpensive. . . and this cake is no exception. I turned a $10 grocery store cake into something unique and fun using materials you probably already have around the house.
So, here’s how you can jazz up a boring white cake and make it something a little more special.
Candy Sticks (you can also use skewers and toothpicks)
Cake Topper Directions
1. Cut tissue paper in rectangles, approximately 1.5″ x 2.5″ (doesn’t have to be exact).
2. Fold in half.
3. Fringe cut.
4. Open fringe cut rectangle.
5. Fold in half.
6. Fold in half another two times.
7. Twist center.
8. Fold twist in half to make a loop and twist again.
9. Trim ends and string onto twine.
Voila! Super cute cake topper that you can customize with colors and size of tassels.
Party Pick Directions
1. Cut an approximately 1.5″ x 2.5″ piece of tissue paper into a rectangle.
2. Fringe cut the rectangle all the way across.
3. Put a small dot of glue on the end of the tissue paper and adhere the candy stick or toothpick.
Roll tissue paper around the stick and adhere with another small dot of glue.
Hope this inspires you to dress up your next celebration cake! For more party tutorials and inspiration, check me out HERE. Party On!
You might also like: