Welcome to 30 Crafty Days of Halloween! This pumpkin chocolate chip pancake recipe is part of our guest blogger series. Make sure to check out all of our Halloween Tutorials for more inspiration!
Hey all you See Vanessa Craft readers! I’m Pam from www.overthebigmoon.com! Over the Big Moon is a place where I share lots of DIY’s, Recipes, Printables, Home Decor and more as I enjoy all phases of life with my cute little family! I love Fall and obviously a huge part of what makes Fall so rocking is all the amazing food that comes along with it! Today I’m excited today to share this fun breakfast idea – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
This is a recipe I actually got from a family member of ours last year and it just knocked my socks off! This recipe has so much flavor and the pumpkin taste isn’t too overwhelming! I’m sure that if you love pumpkin recipes that you’ll love this tasty pancake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer semi-sweet in this recipe)
- 1 and 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and chocolate chips together in a large bowl.
Now add all the wet ingredients together: the pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, oil, and whole milk. Mix in a bowl using a hand mixer.
Add the wet ingredients to the drink ingredients and combine. Only mix until combined, not smooth.
Heat your skillet to a medium high heat. Once heated, turn down to a medium heat. Pour approx 1/2 cup batter onto your skillet. Cook the pancake for approx 60-90 seconds and then flip and cook for approx 90-120 seconds on the second side!
Serve with pure maple syrup and enjoy!
This recipe is a great one to make double of and then freeze the extra pancakes! That way you have Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes for the entire season! You can freeze them for about 2 months!
I hope you and your kiddos enjoy this fun treat this Halloween season!
Make sure and check out a few of my other favorite Halloween projects:
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- 20 Pinterest Best Practice Tips for Content Creators - June 8, 2018
- Craft: End of School Year Bubble Gift Idea - May 21, 2018
- Craft: Bedtime Lavender Bath Bomb Recipe - May 20, 2018
- Disney: 10+ Must Eat Pixar Fest Treats and Snacks - May 17, 2018