Welcome to 30 Crafty Days of Halloween! This slow cooker pork chop recipe, perfect for a Halloween dinner, is part of our guest blogger series. Make sure to check out all of our Halloween Tutorials for more inspiration!
Hey, y’all! Can you smell it yet? It’s the smell of fall! I’m Christie from Raising Whasians, and I’m super excited to share one of my favorite slow cooker recipes for the fall season today. Not only is it my family’s favorite, but it makes your smell ah-mazing too! These Slow Cooker Fall Pork Chops with Apples & Sweet Potatoes combine the tastes of sweet and savory for one delicious and easy family meal. Ready to add this recipe to your busy weeknights?
Set it and forget it, my kind of cooking! Our weeknights are piled high right now with errands, after-school activities and family evenings with everyone dashing out of the house. Sound familiar? So what’s the last thing on my mind after a long day? Dinner. Oh my poor husband – I can’t possibly give him chicken nuggets or frozen pizza after a hard day at work. So when he can smell the simmering apples and meat before he evens walks in the door – I know that I’m the super wife of the day. WINNING! You won’t believe how easy it is to throw together this delicious meal. It will smell like you’ve been slaving over the stove all day.
6 thinly sliced pork chops
1 cup apple juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 onion, sliced
3 large sweet potatoes, diced
2 large apples – peeled, cored and diced
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine apple juice, chicken broth, garlic and onion soup mix in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place apples, onion, and sweet potatoes in bottom of slow cooker.
- Layer pork chops on top.
- Pour juice mixture on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, high for 4-6 hours. Or until pork chops are fully cooked.
- Serve warm.
There are no complaints from this family! Even my kids love digging into this hearty meal. Love easy slow cooker meals for the fall season? Grab some of my most popular family dishes:
And be sure to connect with me over atRaising Whasians (I love saying hi!) for easy family meal ideas, kids’ crafts, travel tips and hilarious family adventures.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Christmas: Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornament - December 16, 2018
- Recipe: Chocolate Mug Cake Mix Jar Gift Idea - December 13, 2018
- Christmas: Italian Gift Basket with Printable Tags - December 4, 2018
- Disney: DIY Frozen Anna Shirt from Ralph Breaks the Internet - November 20, 2018