The weather is finally out of the triple digits here in Arizona and it’s time to enjoy the outdoors again! We kicked off our Fall break with a visit to the Mortimer Farms pumpkin patch near Prescott. It’s an easy drive from the Phoenix area and we even got to break out our jackets! Those of you who have endured summertime in Arizona can understand why this might be exciting. I have compiled a list of some of our favorite Fall activities to do in the valley. What are some of your favorite things to do in the Phoenix area this time of year?
2. Grab a bite to eat at Food Truck Friday in the West Valley. If you’ve never tried Waffle Love, you are missing out!
3. Take a train ride at the Adobe Western Railroad in Glendale. Most Sundays in the fall, they offer free train rides to the public.
5. Get your paint on at As You Wish. They offer several holiday themed classes in the Fall, including a pumpkin painting party.
6. Begin your Thanksgiving celebrations by running a 5k together. There are plenty of local turkey trots that the entire family can participate in.
8. Enjoy some shopping at the Front Porch Pickins Vintage Market in November.
9. Take a day trip. Sedona, Flagstaff and Prescott are only a few miles away and you might even be able to see some leaves changing colors around this time of year.
10. Head to the Desert Botanical Garden for the Chiles and Chocolate Festival or catch their fall concert series.
11. Experience a drive-in movie at the WestWind in Glendale.
12. Pack a picnic and take in the beautiful scenery at Sahuaro Ranch Park.
14. Try a deep fried Twinkie or visit the petting zoo at the Arizona State Fair.
15. Plant a garden. Now is the time to plant your garden in Arizona, check out these gardening with kids tips.
17. Catch a puppet show at the Great Arizona Puppet Theater.
18. Explore a new park, like Foothills Park that offers a streetskape for skaters and 2 playgrounds. The Anthem Community Park is another favorite, with a train that loops around a splash pad and fishing pond.
19. Pack some tailgating snacks and catch an Arizona Cardinals football game!
20. Learn about animals at the Phoenix Zoo and check out their Howl-O-Ween and ZooLights events.
What’s your favorite fall activity in Arizona?
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Upcycled Kleenex Tissue Box Succulent Planter and Craft Caddy - April 19, 2019
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe - April 1, 2019
- Printable: Swim Team Gift Idea Inspired by Mo Willems - March 29, 2019
- Craft: DIY How to Train Your Dragon Headband - February 17, 2019