The Arizona Diamondbacks and Chase Field recently hosted my family for the purpose of a review. Our opinions, photos and love for baseball are 100% ours!
Planning a road trip to the Phoenix area with the kids? Or maybe you’re an Arizona local looking for something kid friendly to do this summer. Head to an Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game! To be honest, I wasn’t so sure if our kids would enjoy a baseball game. I was blown away by how kid friendly Chase Field is! From the Kids Club to the playground area, our children didn’t want to leave. During the summertime, the roof over Chase Field closes and the stadium is air conditioned. I know what we’ll be doing during the summertime. We had an amazing time at our first family baseball game, we’ll be back!
1. Sign up for the D-backs Kids Club. The Kids Club is a free program for kids 15 & younger that rewards kids with cool prizes each game they attend. Sign up at the Headquarters in the Sandlot near section 332 to receive a membership card. Kids can present their cards at the Chase Field Box Office and receive a complimentary ticket on Sundays!
2. Bring your own food. Personal bags and soft coolers that are smaller than 11 x 11 x 15 inches are allowed into the ballpark. Food is permitted as long as it’s in a clear plastic bag. Sealed water bottles are also allowed. For younger kids, bring in empty sippy cups and fill with your sealed bottled water once you get inside.
3. Arrive early to enjoy the Sandlot. Located in the upper concourse at Chase Field, the Sandlot includes activities for kids of all ages. There is a toddler play area, a kids playground with slides and a wiffle ball field and batting cage. Baxter, the Diamondbacks mascot, also signs autographs in the area during the 4th inning. Make sure to check the website for height and age restrictions.
4. Plan to watch the postgame fireworks. After select games, the roof opens for a postgame firework show. This season’s fireworks will be April 7, May 12, June 24, July 1 (extended show), July 21 and August 25.
5. Purchase a D-backs value pack. Available for any game, the Value Pack includes a game ticket, hotdog or Subway sandwich and a regular Pepsi for $25. Regular game tickets can be purchased for as low as $12 and All-You-Can-Eat seats start at $37.
6. Go on a giveaway day. On most Saturdays, the D-backs offer free giveaways for the first 10k or 20k fans. The giveaways include bobbleheads, t-shirts, hats, coolers and more. On April 23 and June 11, they will be offering kids-only giveaways. On May 14, Mother’s Day, they will be giving away a cute clutch for the first 10k moms.
7. Download the MLB Ballpark app. This free app allows you to download your game tickets and view the latest schedule and promotions. You will also be able to take advantage of check-in offers and seat upgrades.
8. Know where the family restrooms are. Family restrooms at Chase Field are located throughout the ballpark on the main concourse (near 109 & 135), on the suite level (across from suite 60) and in the upper concourse (near 306 & 331). With a newly potty trained child, this info comes in handy!
9. Visit the VR Bullpen. Located along the main concourse in center field, enjoy a virtual reality journey through the eyes of a Major League Baseball player.
10. Celebrate a birthday at Chase Field. D-backs birthday packages are available for youth ages 16 and under. From ballpark seating to a private birthday suite, there are many options. How fun would it be to host a birthday party at a Diamondbacks game!
11. Bring your pets to a game. Not to forget our furbabies, Chase Field offers Dog Days of Summer ticket packages starting at $160 and include a semi-private space with all the necessities for four people and one dog. Located along the main concourse behind the left-center field wall, the PetSmart Patio features a family-friendly atmosphere with multi-tiered seating that is perfect for groups of humans and canines of various sizes.
Use promo code PHXKIDS for up to 40% off the May 14th Mother’s Day game vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates. The first 10k moms will receive a free clutch.
You might also like these kid friendly road trip articles:
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Halloween: Black and White Porch Decor with Cricut Maker - October 3, 2018
- Disney: 10 Behind the Scenes Facts About Ralph Breaks the Internet - September 20, 2018
- Christmas: Book Advent Calendar and Printable Tags - September 10, 2018
- Disney: Pixar UP Printable and Craft for Kids - September 10, 2018