Hi, I’m Jen and I’m excited to be here today sharing a fun Halloween project you can make with your cutting machine. Decorate for Day of the Dead with a your own DIY Day of the Dead Picado Banner. You can customize the colors to fit your own style. Make this entire banner in under 15 minutes with a free cut file and your Cricut! This is a great Halloween project idea you can make again and again, personalizing to fit your celebrations. Set up this file in Cricut Design Space as a flattened print-then-cut design and you can make this entire project in under 15 minutes. If you want to cut the more detailed design, just allow more time for cutting.
- Dia de Muertos Picado Banner SVG file designed by Jen Goode (download below)
- Cricut machine with Design Space
- Cardstock or paper
- Tape or glue
- Download the art design below and then upload the file to Cricut design Space.
- Ungroup and hide all layers except the black fancy cute design and the solid background. Adjust the background piece to whatever color you’d like. Flatten the two layers together.
- Copy and paste as many duplicate designs as you need to create different colors of this print-then-cut art.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to print and then cut each banner piece. I used a thick, white cardstock to create my banner. Optionally, if you have the Cricut Maker, you can create a single banner with a white background and then print on different colors of paper before cutting.
- This design can also be cut from colored cardstock instead of printed. It’s a more detailed look, but you’ll need to allow more time to create your banner as the detailed cutting can take a little while.
- Tape or glue each banner piece to a long string of twine. Display however you’d like.
You can make all kinds of fun Day of the Dead projects with this free cut file. Check out my other Halloween Cricut Projects. I’d love to hear what YOU create. Happy Halloween!
More about Me. I’m Jen Goode (pronounced goodie). I’m a Colorado girl with a love for food, travel and all things creative. When I’m not traveling and exploring new flavors, I’m creating new projects ideas or drawing. I enjoy creating project concepts and art with a variety of brands including Cricut, HP and World Market. I hope this project has inspired you to get creative! Find more of creative ideas at 100 Directions. Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Happy Creating!
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Disney: DIY Tangled Hair Don’t Care Shirt - February 9, 2018
- Valentine’s Day: “I Hygge You” Printable Socks Gift - February 4, 2018
- Valentine’s Day: Printable Dinosaur Cards for Kids - February 1, 2018
- Craft: Grapefruit Candle Wax Tarts - January 29, 2018