This post is in partnership with This Is Us – Music from the Series. All opinions are mine. #ThisIsUsMusic
I don’t watch much television, but one show I never miss is “This Is Us”. A friend recommended the show to me and I was hooked in the first 5 minutes. I’ve never been more invested in the lives of fictional characters, the show is that good. Nominated for 10 Emmy Awards including Outstanding Drama Series, “This Is Us” chronicles the Pearson family across the decades: from Jack (Milo Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (Mandy Moore) as young parents in the 1980s and 1990s to their now adult kids Kevin (Justin Hartley), Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Randall (Sterling K. Brown) searching for love, fulfillment and healing in the present day. This grounded, life-affirming dramedy reveals how the events in our lives – both big and small – impact who we become, and how the connections we share with each other can transcend time, distance and even death. The show is heading into its second season and premieres Tuesday, September 26 at 9pm on NBC. You know I’ll be watching!
One of the things that makes this show so good is the music! It just fits the show so well. I love every single song from the first season and have been listening to the album, This Is Us (Music from the Series), non-stop. I love when a song can take me back to a specific scene or feeling from the show. And if you’ve watched this show, you know it’s all about the feelings! I was happy to see “We Can Always Come Back To This”, which was performed by Brian Tyree Henry in the “Memphis” episode, on the playlist. It’s one of my favorite songs from the first season and it looks like I’m not the only one who thought so seeing as how it topped the Billboard’s Blues Singles chart at No. 1 for four consecutive weeks and reached No. 12 on iTunes’ Top 100 Songs chart. The music from the series is available on September 15 from UMe.
As a mother, I especially love Mandy Moore’s character in the show. I like that the show didn’t try to paint her as this perfect mother or wife, because real life is mostly messy and imperfect. I also loved the scenes where she navigates trying to find herself and her passions again through motherhood, something I think all mothers struggle with. I couldn’t imagine a more perfect actor for this role, Moore IS Rebecca. All of the actors in this show fill their roles so perfectly. Moore lends her vocal talents to the song “Willin'”, which is included in the album and another favorite. You can preview Moore singing “Willin'” on YouTube. It’ll make you want to run out and buy the entire album! Join the Facebook Listening Party on September 15 at 10am PT/1pm ET.
Visit UMe to Preorder This Is Us (Music from the Series). What is your favorite song from the show?
This Is Us (Music from the Series)
1. Death With Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
2. You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
3. Willin’ – Mandy Moore
4. Can’t Find My Way Home – Blind Faith
5. Uptight (Everything’s Alright) – Stevie Wonder
6. The Calvary Cross – Richard Thompson & Linda Thompson
7. Watch Me – Labi Siffre
8. The Wind – Cat Stevens
9. Come Talk To Me – Goldspot
10. Blues Run The Game – Jackson C. Frank
11. If Only – Maria Taylor (featuring Conor Oberst)
12. Northern Sky – Nick Drake
13. If I Ever Was A Child – Wilco
14. Because Of You – Gene Clark
15. Evergreen Cassette (Tape Mix) – Goldspot
16. Without You – Badfinger
17. The World’s Smiling Now – Jim James
18. Photograph – Ringo Starr
19. We Can Always Come Back To This – Brian Tyree Henry
20. This Is Us Score Suite – Siddhartha Khosla
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- The Pigeon HAS to Go to School! Book Party for Kids - July 5, 2019
- Celebrating Thank-O-Rama Month with Mo Willems - June 6, 2019
- Top 10 Things to Do in Universal Studios Hollywood The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - May 28, 2019
- Fizzy Bath Salts Craft - April 26, 2019