This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walt Disney World® and Scholastic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Walt Disney World® is such a magical place for the preschool crowd! We took our son to Disney World when he was preschool-aged and it was amazing being able to relive the magic through his eyes. The character interactions were probably my favorite and something that he still vividly remembers. My son is now 7 years old and while Walt Disney World® is still a fun trip with him, it’s a very different kind of trip with more adrenaline and less make believe. Our daughter is still in that magical preschool-age group, so while the boys are blasting off on Mission: SPACE, we get to pretend to be astronauts in the nearby Advanced Training Lab.
Preschoolers are so much fun to travel with because they are so curious and eager to explore. Their brains are still in imagination overdrive. I had tears in my eyes last year as my daughter transformed into a princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and secretly wished I was a preschooler too. Meeting Elsa and Anna was probably the single most important moment of her little 3-year-old life. Disney World goes above and beyond to cater to this age group and they do an amazing job at it. Check out Scholastic’s tips for traveling with preschoolers. Here are some of my favorite and most memorable things that we’ve done with our preschoolers at Walt Disney World®.
1. Transform into a princess or knight at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Magic Kingdom® Park or Disney Springs.
2. Dig for fossils in The Boneyard at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park.
3. Pet a goat at Rafiki’s Planet Watch in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park.
4. Collect stamps and get crafty at Epcot’s Kidcot Fun Stops.
5. Train to be an astronaut in the Advanced Training Lab near Mission: SPACE in Epcot.
6. Complete challenges and become a Wilderness Explorer in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park.
7. Sing along while riding “it’s a small world” in Magic Kingdom® Park.
8. Enjoy a meal and parade with the characters at Chef Mickey’s in Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
9. Cool down at Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station in Fantasyland. Don’t forget your towels.
10. Play in the circus-themed play area before riding Dumbo The Flying Elephant in Fantasyland.
11. Dance to a kid-friendly concert in Tomorrowland.
12. Explore Rabbit’s garden and visit Eeyore’s home in Pooh’s interactive queue before riding The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
13. Sing with Anna and Elsa at the Frozen Sing-Along Celebration in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
14. Participate in a Q & A session with Crush from Finding Nemo at Turtle Talk with Crush in Epcot.
15. Gather clues and participate in a scavenger hunt with Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure in Epcot.
16. Watch favorite characters from Doc McStuffins and Sophia the First at Disney Junior Live On Stage in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
17. Dine with Disney Princesses inside Cinderella’s Castle at Cinderella’s Royal Table in Magic Kingdom® Park.
18. Transform into a pirate, empress or mermaid at The Pirates League in Adventureland.
19. Stop by the Harmony Barber Shop in Magic Kingdom® Park for a magical haircut. This is a great place for a first haircut!
20. Take a ride in a vintage fire engine or horse-drawn car down Main Street, U.S.A in Magic Kingdom® Park.
21. Cast Merlin’s spells throughout Magic Kingdom® Park while participating in Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, a magical scavenger hunt.
22. Take your pennies for the coin press machines that are located throughout the parks. This makes for a fun souvenir!
23. Hang out in Beast’s Library during Enchanted Tales with Belle in Fantasyland. Your child might even be picked to be part of the story!
24. Preschoolers under 40 inches can play in the Laughin’ Place play area, located near the Splash Mountain exit in Frontierland.
25. After riding Journey Into Imagination with Figment, spend some time in the interactive ImageWorks area. Riding the ride is not required.
26. Wave to some of your favorite characters during the Festival of Fantasy Parade in Magic Kingdom.
27. Get those voices ready for Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long in Fort Wilderness Resort.
28. Pick your favorite horse on the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel. This is even more magical at nighttime with the carousel’s lights.
29. Take a ride on the monorail. This isn’t technically a “ride”, but my preschooler always looks forward to it.
30. Battle the Dark Side at the Jedi Training Academy in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
31. Visit the aquarium and participate in “fins-on” activities at the Nemo & Friends Pavilion in Epcot.
32. Collect character autographs in a book or photo mat. Last year, we collected autographs on a pillowcase.
33. Chat with talking Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater in Magic Kingdom.
34. Watch a movie under the stars. Many Disney resorts offer this fun perk, check with your resort for showtimes!
35. Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom. I recommend reserving a FastPass+ for this.
36. Don’t miss Finding Nemo The Musical at Animal Kingdom. If your child loves bubbles, they’ll love this show!
Want the chance to win a vacation to Walt Disney World® Resort? Enter the Preschoolers Magical Sweepstakes (2/1/18 – 2/28/18).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 US & DC. 18+ with at least one child who is currently 12 years of age or younger at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Ends 2/28/18. Limit 1 answer per day. Click through for Official Rules.
Learn more about the Sweepstakes and how to enter by visiting scholastic.com/PreschoolersMagical.
Visit Scholastic for more tips on traveling to Walt Disney World® with preschoolers!
What’s your favorite preschool friendly attraction in Walt Disney World®?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walt Disney World®. The opinions and text are all mine.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Celebrating Thank-O-Rama Month with Mo Willems - June 6, 2019
- Top 10 Things to Do in Universal Studios Hollywood The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - May 28, 2019
- Fizzy Bath Salts Craft - April 26, 2019
- Upcycled Kleenex Tissue Box Succulent Planter and Craft Caddy - April 19, 2019