This was a last minute sort of activity as I’m just getting back into the grove of things after a weekend trip, but it went over really well and just goes to show you that it doesn’t have to take a lot of time or effort to do Tot School. Plus, when my 2 year old is excitedly requesting “Tot School Mama!”, I can’t deny a learning opportunity. Any activity that gets Logan up and moving, like the apple picking activity, is a winner in his book. He has a longer attention span for it and has a lot of fun doing it. He ended up making this activity into a race of who could find a certain letter or color fastest, me vs. him. He won.
Activity: Alphabet Balloons
(learning objective: identifying colors and letters)
Black Permanent Marker
Blow up 26 balloons. Using a black permanent marker, write the letters of the alphabet on the balloons. Write one letter per alphabet, both upper case and lower case. Spread out the balloons and ask your child for a certain letter/color or let him pick up a balloon and you can help him identify the letter/color. You can also ask your child to identify letter sounds.
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019
- Play Review of Chato’s Kitchen with Childsplay - November 21, 2019
- Holiday Gift of Dishes with Printable Tags - November 20, 2019
- Decorate Your Own Playdough Christmas Tree Gift Idea - November 19, 2019