Hi gang, Marissa here visiting from Rae Gun Ramblings I’m super excited to be back here hanging out and sharing a nice quickie scrap busting Christmas gift idea. If you don’t know me yet I blog about all kinds of crafty types of things as well as bookish stuff. I love sharing my favorite new books and creations. I also Etsy full time and I’m having a crazy huge sale and giveaway if you know any one with or having a baby 🙂
I’m one of those people that hate giving generic gifts. When I take the time to buy or make something for someone I want them to like it. But some times you just can’t think of a great gift and as much as you know that a gift card will be appreciated it just feels so impersonal. So why not whip up a handmade gift card case that can be used later for business cards or holding other cards.
Making your own gift card holds is super fast and easy. I made up a few just to have on hand but you can totally get creative and personalize them by picking out fabrics that remind you of your recipient or adding their name or a fun design in iron-on vinyl.
- Start off with two pieces of fabric 5 X 9 inches each.
- With right sides together sew around all the edges with a 3/8 inch seam allowance leaving a small gap at the bottom edge of of of the long sides.
- Turn right side out and Iron.
- Fold the edges up and pin. I like to hold a gift card or credit card just for the right side to gauge how much of a fold to take (about 2 inches).
- Sew along both long sides making sure to back stitch.
- Tie fill with a gift card and time with some ribbon or trim and gift.
I hope you’ll swing by the blog and say hi! You can also find me hanging out here.
You Might Also Like
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm Vanessa and it's my mission in life to spread my love of hot glue guns and glitter to others. I suffer from craft ADHD, regularly working on at least 10 projects at the same time and my craft room looks like a tornado hit it. My first craft book, Party in a Jar, was published in 2014. I look forward to crafting with you!
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Turkey Dice Game for Kids - October 23, 2020
- Free Printable Construction Gift Tags for Neighbors - August 26, 2020
- Free Printable Teacher Mask Gift Tags - August 18, 2020
- Free Printable Quarantine Responsibility Chart for Kids - March 16, 2020