(diy tutorial) goldfish marshmallow pops

I’ve received tons of emails asking me how I made these goldfish marshmallow pops from Logan’s party, so I decided to write up a little tutorial to save me some typing. I unfortunately can’t claim this adorable idea as my own. I saw a photo of similiar marshmallow pops from Decorating the Ville months and months ago and knew I just had to include them in Logan’s party. No tutorial was posted, so I just winged it. I have to say that marshmallow pops are a million times easier to make than cake pops and just as cute! Here’s how I made these fishy pops.

Ingredients (makes aprox 20 pops)

1 bag light blue chocolate melts (found in the baking aisle of most craft stores)

1 – 10.5 ounce bag large marshmallows

1 box graham cracker crumbs (I used Keebler brand)

1 – 6.6 ounce bag cheddar goldfish

Large white pearl nonpareils

20 lollipop sticks or 10 paper straws cut in half

Instructions

Step 1: Melt blue chocolate melts according to package. I recommend placing chocolate in a microwavable bowl and melting in 30 second increments, mixing in between. Do not over-melt or the chocolate will be difficult to work with.

Step 2: Place lollipop sticks in marshmallows. Dip marshmallows into the chocolate. Tip: Tap excess chocolate off the marshmallow before proceeding to step 3.

Step 3: Before the chocolate dries, dip the bottom in graham cracker crumbs. Add a goldfish and 2 white pearl non pareils.

Step 4: Allow to dry and then enjoy! If you are making this a day in advance, make sure to place your pops in an air tight container or cover with saran wrap so they don’t go stale.

Goldfish Marshmallow Pops

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm Vanessa and it's my mission in life to spread my love of hot glue guns and glitter to others. I suffer from craft ADHD, regularly working on at least 10 projects at the same time and my craft room looks like a tornado hit it. My first craft book, Party in a Jar, was published in 2014. I look forward to crafting with you!

Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)

Comments

1. says

Vanessa thewse are adorable. Being a senior & only hubby to make for I will. I will pass those on to some donatio prganizers I give to. Meals on wheels I could make & give to a lot. Thank You

2. Brandy H says

This makes me want to have a goldfish party!! Maybe I can talk my sister-in-law into one for her little guy who will be 2 soon. If I tell her I will do all the work, maybe she’ll let me pick the theme!! Suddenly wishing his birthday weren’t right before Halloween and wishing she didn’t absolutely love Fall. Hmmmm…..

3. Danielle S. says

These are super cute and look easy to make! I am having a hungry caterpillar party for our daughter’s 1st birthday and need to make these into that theme somehow :)

4. Kristina says

do you know if you could freeze these? Or how far in advance I could make these? Im trying to plan my sons 2nd bday party and do most of the food ahead of time. I love this idea for an Elmos pet fish dorothy pops :0) ALso,if you were interested in making a tutorial for those gorgeous crepe paper chandeliers that would be great ;0)

• Vanessa says

Hmm I’m not sure about freezing marshmallows. I made them the day before and stuck them in an air tight container and they held up great. You could probably make them a couple days ahead of time and they’d be fine.

5. says

I just made these for my baby’s 1st birthday party tomorrow and silly me didn’t look at the tutorial first. Of course it makes more sense to put the popsicle stick in 1st. No wonder I found it so hard to coat the mallows. Sheesh.
    Jelli recently posted..MMM: 12 Months of My Baby LadyMy Profile