(diy tutorial) goldfish marshmallow pops

Pin It

Goldfish Marshmallow Pops

I’ve received tons of emails asking me how I made these goldfish marshmallow pops from Logan’s party, so I decided to write up a little tutorial to save me some typing. I unfortunately can’t claim this adorable idea as my own. I saw a photo of similiar marshmallow pops from Decorating the Ville months and months ago and knew I just had to include them in Logan’s party. No tutorial was posted, so I just winged it. I have to say that marshmallow pops are a million times easier to make than cake pops and just as cute! Here’s how I made these fishy pops.

Ingredients (makes aprox 20 pops)

1 bag light blue chocolate melts (found in the baking aisle of most craft stores)

1 – 10.5 ounce bag large marshmallows

1 box graham cracker crumbs (I used Keebler brand)

1 – 6.6 ounce bag cheddar goldfish

Large white pearl nonpareils

20 lollipop sticks

Instructions

Step 1: Melt blue chocolate melts according to package. I recommend placing chocolate in a microwavable bowl and melting in 30 second increments, mixing in between. Do not over-melt or the chocolate will be difficult to work with.

Step 2: Place lollipop sticks in marshmallows. Dip marshmallows into the chocolate. Tip: Tap excess chocolate off the marshmallow before proceeding to step 3.

Step 3: Before the chocolate dries, dip the bottom in graham cracker crumbs. Add a goldfish and 2 white pearl non pareils.

Step 4: Allow to dry and then enjoy! If you are making this a day in advance, make sure to place your pops in an air tight container or cover with saran wrap so they don’t go stale.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Pin It
Signature

Comments

1. Susan Jensen says:

Vanessa thewse are adorable. Being a senior & only hubby to make for I will. I will pass those on to some donatio prganizers I give to. Meals on wheels I could make & give to a lot. Thank You

2. Brandy H says:

This makes me want to have a goldfish party!! Maybe I can talk my sister-in-law into one for her little guy who will be 2 soon. If I tell her I will do all the work, maybe she’ll let me pick the theme!! Suddenly wishing his birthday weren’t right before Halloween and wishing she didn’t absolutely love Fall. Hmmmm…..

3. Danielle S. says:

These are super cute and look easy to make! I am having a hungry caterpillar party for our daughter’s 1st birthday and need to make these into that theme somehow :)

4. Angela says:

These are adorable! Just wish I actually liked goldfish crackers…

5. absolutely adorable!!
    Heather@French Press recently posted..Cinnamon Roll WafflesMy Profile

6. Kristina says:

do you know if you could freeze these? Or how far in advance I could make these? Im trying to plan my sons 2nd bday party and do most of the food ahead of time. I love this idea for an Elmos pet fish dorothy pops :0) ALso,if you were interested in making a tutorial for those gorgeous crepe paper chandeliers that would be great ;0)

• Vanessa says:

Hmm I’m not sure about freezing marshmallows. I made them the day before and stuck them in an air tight container and they held up great. You could probably make them a couple days ahead of time and they’d be fine.

7. Samantha says:

THANK YOU so much for this amazing idea!! Im making them for my daughters class on thursday for her snack with some other snacks as well! I

8. Heidi says:

I can see why people were asking! Those are fantastic! I hope to see you at One Creative Weekend (http://onecreativemommy.com/category/linky-parties-and-buttons/one-creative-weekend/) on OneCreativeMommy.com. (The party is open!)

9. Jelli says:

I just made these for my baby’s 1st birthday party tomorrow and silly me didn’t look at the tutorial first. Of course it makes more sense to put the popsicle stick in 1st. No wonder I found it so hard to coat the mallows. Sheesh.
    Jelli recently posted..MMM: 12 Months of My Baby LadyMy Profile