Welcome to Tot School Tuesday – Thanksgiving edition! This is a great activity to do with younger kids who are still learning their colors. You could make multiple turkeys with different colors. Kara of Mine for the Making is co-hosting Tot School Tuesday this month. Make sure to visit her blog for some fabulous preschool age activities.
Activity: High Five Color Hands
(learning objective: identifying colors, fine motor skills)
Colored Cardstock (4 different colors)
Feathers (to match the colored cardstock)
Trace your child’s hand onto white cardstock and cut out the hand. Trace each finger onto different colors of colored cardstock and cut out. Glue each colored piece onto the white cardstock hand. Hot matching feather colors onto clothespins. Cut out a red waddle and glue to the thumb. Draw an eye with a black marker. Have you child pin the match feather clothespins to the corresponding finger colors.
This was Logan’s (2 years old) first time working with clothespins and he had some difficulty figuring out how to clamp the clothespin down on the turkey fingers. It was easier for him to play the matching game by placing the clothespins on top of the turkey and then I let him explore. He loved the texture of the feathers and quickly identified the colors. This would make for a fun busy bag activity!
November’s Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making
(visit her blog for Tot School Tuesday ideas for older children)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Craft: Printable Day of the Dead Pillow Boxes - October 26, 2016
- Craft: Easy Classroom Barn Door and Farm Animal Wreath - October 20, 2016
- Craft: Easy Football Shirt & Cheerleader Costume - October 19, 2016
- Craft: Hello Kitty Pink Peppermint Bath Salts - October 14, 2016