I brought these homemade chocolate coconut donuts to craft night for my girlfriends and they were a hit! Not a single crumb was left by the end of the night. With all the food allergies and restrictions amongst my circle of friends, it’s tough coming up with a dessert that everyone can enjoy. I experimented with some healthier ingredients that I had on hand and these paleo, gluten free donuts were born! I saved a couple for my kiddos and they loved them too! Hooray for a healthier donut option that still tastes yummy!
Homemade donuts sound like a lot of work, but they are super easy to make! You’ll need a donut pan for this recipe and after you make this recipe, you’ll be glad that you have one so you can make more! You can find donut pans in the baking section of many stores. Some stores only sell them around the holidays, so call ahead to see if they have them in stock or buy one online. It might save you a few trips (or so I’ve learned). Make sure to tag me on Facebook and Instagram so I can see your donut creations!
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (melted)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil (melted) and 2 eggs (beaten) together.
- Add the almond meal, baking soda and coconut flakes. Mix until the consistency is smooth.
- Put batter into a piping bag and squeeze the batter into the donut molds.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the donuts are golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. Dip into melted dark chocolate and sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Allow chocolate to harden and enjoy!
Here are 11 more yummy donut recipes from some of my favorite bloggers:
Chocolate Dipped Cream Filled Doughnuts From Big Bears Wife
Dark chocolate cookie butter donuts from Betsy Life
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake Doughnuts from Home CookingM emories
Pina Colada Donut from Cooking on the Front Burner
Vanilla Cake Donuts with Strawberry Glaze from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Easy Funfetti Donuts from A Million Moments
Bacon Donuts with Maple Cinnamon Cream from Bread Booze Bacon
Baked Cake Donuts from A Night Owl Blog
Mini Chocolate Cake Donuts with Zebra Glaze from Pink Cake Plate
Princess Cake Donuts from I Love My Disorganized Life
Chocolate Donuts with Cherry Glaze from Around My Family Table
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Disney: DIY Tangled Hair Don’t Care Shirt - February 9, 2018
- Valentine’s Day: “I Hygge You” Printable Socks Gift - February 4, 2018
- Valentine’s Day: Printable Dinosaur Cards for Kids - February 1, 2018
- Craft: Grapefruit Candle Wax Tarts - January 29, 2018