Hi, I am Laura and I blog over at Laura’s Crafty Life. My blog is a place to find inspiration to craft a creative and well-lived life through simple craft projects, themed party ideas, organizing tips and tricks, as well as adventures in renovating our home. I am so excited to be here today with you on See Vanessa Craft to share how to make these adorable (and not so scary) foam spiders.
- 2″ Styrofoam balls
- Black acrylic craft paint
- Paint brush
- Google eyes
- Paper straws
- Pin and string (optional)
To start you will paint your Styrofoam ball with black paint.
Note: I also tried to add sparkle paint to one of the spiders, but since I used a high gloss paint the glitter paint didn’t make a big difference. If your paint is matte, you may want to add sparkles.
Cut your paper straw into four equal size pieces. You will need two straws per spider.
Push the straw pieces into the Styrofoam ball. Mine seemed to hold well, but you could add a dab of glue in the hole if you are worried about them falling out.
Glue on google eyes.
If you want to hang your spider you can use a straight pin and some embroidery floss or ribbon. Simply poke the pin into the top of the spider with the string attached.
I am not a fan of real spiders, but these little guys are totally cute!
Thank you to Vanessa for having me for 30 Crafty Days of Halloween!
You may also like:
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Christmas: Book Advent Calendar and Printable Tags - September 10, 2018
- Disney: Pixar UP Printable and Craft for Kids - September 10, 2018
- Parenting: How To Limit Screen Time for Happier and Less Anxious Kids - August 29, 2018
- Party: Mermaid Shark Joint Sibling Birthday - August 27, 2018