I have to admit that I read a ton of baby books before I got pregnant. Sure, call me an overachiever but it took me 2 years to get knocked up so I had a lot of time on my hands. What To Expect When Your Expecting was actually the very first baby related book I read, long before I had a baby. I actually found it helpful to read this book before getting pregnant. I wanted to know exactly what I was getting myself into, I’m a planner after all. When I finally saw those 2 pink lines, I found the book to be a great reference guide. You know, to look up things like: “Is it NORMAL that my baby hiccups non-stop in the womb?” or “Is it NORMAL for my boobs to leak while I’m pregnant?”. Yes and yes, both are totally normal. This book saved me from hormonally calling my midwife at 1am (much like drunk dialing, minus the alcohol).
It has actually been awhile since I’ve read a baby book (shocker, right?). There just isn’t enough time in the day, which is why I like the What To Expect Books. There is a huge index in the back of their books, so you can quickly look up your concern or question. They are set up to be used as reference books, a guide that you can quickly go to for an answer. In addition to the What To Expect When Your Expecting book, I was also sent the What To Expect The Second Year book to review. Now that Logan’s walking and getting into EVERYTHING, I’ve enjoyed the safety chapter in the book. Did you know that poinsettias and mistletoe are poisonous? Skip those holiday plants this year. Oh and all of the oleanders we have planted in our front yard – poisonous. Good to know.
Visit What To Expect to purchase these products. A purchase is not necessary to enter the giveaway.
Required: (You must do #1 in order to qualify for the giveaway)
1. Visit What To Expect and tell me something you learned from this website. Make sure to leave your email address or a way for me to contact you in your comment.
Optional/Additional Entries: (Please leave a separate comment for each entry)
2. Follow The Crafty Nest via Google Friend Connect. Current followers count!
3. Subscribe to The Crafty Nest via email HERE. Current subscribers count!
4. Blog about this giveaway.
7. Follow The Crafty Nest on Pinterest. Current followers count!
8. Post The Crafty Nest badge on your blog (just copy and paste the code you see in my sidebar).
9. Enter another giveaway(s) on The Crafty Nest.
10. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post on this blog.
11. Participate in “Do Something Crafty Fridays” or “Buff Mama Mondays”.
12. Vote for The Craft Nest on We’re on the Fence or Top Mommy Blogger by clicking on the following buttons (can be voted for daily):
The fine print: Do this by October 5th and you are in! 2 winners will be picked randomly. Please make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you or we won’t be able to get this fabulous prize to you. Winners who I am unable to contact and who don’t respond within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification will forfeit their prize and I will draw another name. The products featured above was provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency. These opinions expressed are my own opinions and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone.