I’m sure you’ve seen these big felt trees all over the internet. I remember having something similiar when I was a child. It’s a fun hands-on tree for toddlers to play with. The felt ornaments stick right to the felt tree and are repositional. Here’s my educational take on this fun activity. I’m like that Deceptively Delicious cookbook. Instead of hiding veggies in my child’s food, I hide education in my child’s play. Logan had a blast with this activity and I love how excited he gets when I say that it’s time for “Tot School Tuesday”!
Activity: Christmas Tree Color Matching
(learning objective: identifying colors and sizes, matching)
1 Yard Green Felt
Primary Color Felt (4+ different colors)
Cut the green yard of felt into a Christmas tree shape and attach to the wall with double sided tape. Cut the primary colored felt into different sized circles (I made 4 circles per color). Have your child sort the colored “ornaments” into colors or sizes. This activity worked best when I placed 1 circle of each color on the tree and had my child match and place the remaining circles on top of the circles on the tree. As you go, point out colors and sizes.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Free Printable Quarantine Responsibility Chart for Kids - March 16, 2020
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019