This week for Tot School Tuesday, we had a cookie decorating play date with a couple of Logan’s little neighborhood friends. Fun activities like this make for great educational opportunities, without even trying. Cookie decorating can give those fine motor skills a workout and the different textured sprinkles makes for great sensory play. You can also work on color identification, shape identification, sorting and language development through just simply playing.
I covered my table with a vinyl tablecloth, filled mini muffin tins with different sized edible decorations and let the kids go to town. The adults helped with the icing and the kids sprinkled their little hearts out. The ages in the play group ranged from 2-4 and they were all totally into it, especially the taste testing. I’m always amazed at how patient Logan is with activities like this, placing each individual sprinkle gently on the cookie and creating whatever fun pattern comes to his creative little mind. You can see the pride beaming from his face when I compliment him on his cookie decorating skills.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Free Printable Quarantine Responsibility Chart for Kids - March 16, 2020
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019