Hey Tot Schoolers! One of my favorite UK bloggers, Lucy of Capture by Lucy, is filling in for me today while I put the finishing touches on the manuscript for my book. She made healthy fruit lollies or popsicles with her kiddos and turned it into a fun fine motor skill activity. Yum, I can’t wait to try her recipe with Logan! Don’t they look gorgeous?!
Healthy Lollies – encouraging fine motor skills
• Lolly Moulds
• Lolly Sticks (unless your mould comes complete with plastic sticks)
• 5 minutes
• Freezing time – 4 hours
There are lots of things I am trying to teach my son before he starts school in September. To get him ready for being a big boy at big boy school. One of them is to use a knife and fork. For such a long time I have set the table with a spoon and a fork but now he is almost 4 it’s time to know how to use a knife!
We made these sweet healthy lollies as a way to involve him in a simple recipe and he was very proud of his cutting skills! It’s good hand eye coordination practice and teaches them to take care and be precise. You can also use it as a safety lesson about being very careful with knives!
They wrote on wide lolly sticks which fruit was in which lolly and then we added milk to half of them and yoghurt to the others. There was no need for any added sweeteners!
Leave your lollies in the freezer for 4 hours and enjoy. The kiwi was my favourite.
A delicious way to help with motor skills, growing up skills with a healthy treat as a reward!
It’s such a pleasure to guest post for Vanessa for Tots School Tuesday. I have joined in the link from the start and there are always fantastic ideas for babies, toddlers and preschoolers, so make sure you check out all the posts linked up each week.
I’m Lucy, Mama to 2 small boys living across the pond in the South West of England. I am inspired on a daily basis by the incredible lifestyle craft bloggers in America but See Vanessa Craft is my must read. I hope I will be the first person to order Vanessa’s new book outside the US! Pop over to my blog for more tales of family life, photography and craft in Great Britain. www.capturebylucy.com
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Free Printable Construction Gift Tags for Neighbors - August 26, 2020
- Free Printable Teacher Mask Gift Tags - August 18, 2020
- Free Printable Quarantine Responsibility Chart for Kids - March 16, 2020
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020