by Jennifer of The Life of Jennifer Dawn for See Vanessa Craft
It’s back to school time and time to start thinking about school lunches. I’ll be showing you how to make reusable snack bags that are both cute and eco-friendly! This is the perfect way to pack your child’s favorite snacks and I promise that they are easy enough for the novice seamstress to make. There are so many fun fabric choices that you can use for this project, just make sure it’s laminated fabric (found at most fabric stores) so it’s easy to clean and less likely to leak.
• laminated fabric (This material is glossy on one side.)
• snaps or velcro
• sewing machine
• basic sewing supplies (thread, scissors, pinking shears…)
1. Gather your materials.
2. Tear open the seams of an envelope. Use it as a template to cut out a piece of cloth.
3. Fold the bottom end of the fabric piece up with the rights sides of the fabric together. Straight stitch along both sides of your snack bag.
4. Use your pinking shears to trim the sides and along the top. Turn the bag right-side out.
5. Attach a snap or sew on some velcro. That’s it! They are so quick and easy to make!
6. Fill you reusuable bag with scrumptious snacks! These are great to use in school lunches, diaper bags, or purses!
Jennifer is a wife, mommy, and former teacher who left the classroom to stay home with her three little ones. She’s an avid crafter who loves to dapple in all things creative. Through blogging she’s found a way to share her love of craftiness and spread a little happiness. She blogs at The Life of Jennifer Dawn.