Marissa from Rae Gun Ramblings where I blog about all things crafty, tasty, and bookish. I LOVE handmade Christmas ornaments. And I’m excited to share one of my favorites that I’ve made. These Glitter Stenciled Wood Tag Ornaments are super easy but really pretty.
Contact Paper (or Scrapbooking Vinyl)
Drill (or glue)
- Some wood tags come with predrilled holes if yours don’t just drill your own holes. Or if you prefer you can always glue your ribbon on instead of using a hole.
- Make a stencil using contact paper or vinyl. I started by measuring the surface of my wood tag then I cut my shapes/words out on my Cricut cutting machine. You could just as easily trace a design and cut it with an exacto-knife if you have a steady hand.
- Place your stencil onto your wood piece being careful to add any filler spaces and press all the edges down. Paint a generous layer of Mod Podge onto the stencil and top with think layer of glitter.
- Leave to dry for about 1 hour and then gently tap the wood piece to clear any loose glitter. Gently pull off the stencil.
- Finally tape the end of your ribbon to help thread it through the hole in the wood and then tie a double knot at the base and then another to form a space to hang the ornament from.
I just love how these turned out. It’s extra fun that you can make pretty much any design since you make your own stencil. A word of advice for picking a design, make sure it’s something that can clearly be identified in one color. Words are great. If the details are in the edges that might be harder since your glitter makes the edges less sharp.
I hope you liked my simple DIY glitter wood tag ornaments for I have loads of easy Christmas tutorials on my blog Rae Gun Ramblings but here are a few of my favorites. I hope you’ll stop by and say hi!
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Free Printable Quarantine Responsibility Chart for Kids - March 16, 2020
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019