Hi friends! Kimberly from A Night Owl here – so happy to be hanging out with Vanessa today for 20 Crafty Days of Halloween! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to craft for. You can go totally spooky and scary, but you can also create cute and fun crafts! Today I’m sharing what I think is one of the “cute” variety – these Candy Corn Favor Bags!
Have you used the NEW Americana Multi-Surface Satins? It’s a new paint by DecoArt and I’m in love! You can use the paint on practically any surface, so it’s the perfect medium for things like these little treat bags. Here’s how I put them together…
What you’ll need:
- Orange and yellow acrylic paints (I used Americana Multi-Surface Satins pumpkin patch and school bus)
- Muslin bags (I picked up from Pick Your Plum)
And the steps:
- Slip a piece of cardboard into each bag so that the paint does not bleed through to the other side.
- Paint a stripe on the bottom of the bag in yellow.
- Once dry, paint a stripe in the middle of the bag in orange.
- Let dry, fill with candy and voila!
Perfectly adorable “Candy Corn” Favor Bags!
What do you think? If you’re child is having activities at school this year, these cute little bags would be a perfect treat to give out! You could even add their names on with a Sharpie too! Such a quick and easy project, but so fun. Those are my favorite types of projects! If you like these treat bags, check out THESE Halloween Favor Bags I made or really any of our Halloween Projects. I am GOING to have to find a fun party to give out all these treat bags!
Thanks to Vanessa for having me today! If you like quick and easy projects like these, be sure you stop by A Night Owl! That’s our specialty! Happy Haunting friends!
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Kid Friendly: 25+ Back to School Organization Ideas and Hacks - August 14, 2017
- Craft: 2 Ingredient Unicorn Glitter Glue Slime - August 11, 2017
- Craft: 3 Ingredient Glitter Cloud Dough - August 10, 2017
- Kid Friendly: Back to School Morning Routine Chart - August 8, 2017