As a kid, I looked forward to power outages at my house because that meant my family would play board games by candlelight. I may not have admitted it, but even as a teenager I enjoyed game night with the fam. It is just a great way to reconnect as a family and spend quality time together…NOT in front of the tv. I hope to start a game night weekly tradition with Logan when he gets a bit older, I think it will make for good memories.
Continuum Games recently sent us Family Talk 2 to review. Mr. Crafty Nest and I recently tested it out and found that it’s a great couples game. It is basically a deck of cards with a bunch of random questions written on them. The questions range from “how did your parents meet?” to “when do you think a woman might be elected president?”. It’s been fun learning a little more about Mr. Crafty Nest, even after almost 8 years of dating. I can’t wait to play this game with Logan.
They also sent us Lumps, the Elf Coal Game to review. This is a dice game and the goal is to score the most points in three rolls by rolling pairs of the same number. The 4 types of dice are all different and on each turn you have to make decisions on which dice to keep and re-roll. It is a lot more fun than my explanation, especially for a highly competitive couple like Mr. Crafty Nest and myself. Lumps comes in a cute little miniature stocking, making it the perfect stocking stuffer. I’ll be bringing this with me to my family’s house for the holidays, we might just have to break out the candles and pretend to have a power outage.
Visit Continuum Games to purchase these products. Lumps, the Elf Coal game is available at Hallmark Gold Crown stores, Books-A-Million, Go! Games and 100s of specialty toy stores in the US. Family Talk is available on their website. A purchase is not necessary to enter the giveaway.
Required: (You must do #1 in order to qualify for the giveaway. Make sure to leave your email address or a way for me to contact you in your first comment.)
1. Visit Continuum Games Come back here and tell me which game you would like to play. Make sure to leave your email address or a way for me to contact you in your comment.
Optional/Additional Entries: (Please leave a separate comment for each entry)
2. Follow The Crafty Nest via Google Friend Connect. Current followers count!
3. Subscribe to The Crafty Nest via email HERE. Current subscribers count!
4. Blog about this giveaway.
7. Follow The Crafty Nest on Pinterest. Current followers count!
8. Post The Crafty Nest badge on your blog (just copy and paste the code you see in my sidebar).
9. Enter another giveaway(s) on The Crafty Nest.
10. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post on this blog.
11. Participate in “Do Something Crafty Fridays” or “Buff Mama Mondays”.
12. Vote for The Craft Nest on We’re on the Fence or Top Mommy Blogger by clicking on the following buttons (can be voted for daily):
The fine print: Do this by January 1st and you are in! 1 winner will be picked randomly. Please make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you or we won’t be able to get this fabulous prize to you. Winners who I am unable to contact and who don’t respond within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification will forfeit their prize and I will draw another name. The products featured above was provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency. These opinions expressed are my own opinions and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019
- Play Review of Chato’s Kitchen with Childsplay - November 21, 2019