I bet the moments you remember the most about grade school is when you got to have hands on experiences. Those are the moments that we learn the most from. I still remember learning about bridges by building a bridge with toothpicks in 2nd grade or learning about birds by building a nest in 3rd grade. I also remember every single field trip I ever went on. So, this week we took Tot School Tuesday on the road and went on a little field trip to the pumpkin farm.
Remember last year’s visit to the pumpkin farm? It’s amazing the difference a year makes. You could see Logan’s little wheels turning on this trip and he really got into the activities on the farm. Logan got to pet some pigs, feed the goats, saw some ponies, hand pump a water well, play in corn feed, ride a farm style train, got muddy and pick out a pumpkin of course. He had a blast and still talks about his experiences on the pumpkin farm. The 2 year old memory amazes me, this child doesn’t miss a beat.
Once we got home, Logan gutted his pumpkin for a fun sensory activity. His fine motor skills got a workout from picking out the pumpkin seeds and we baked them together. I think I had just as much fun as my tot!
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Free Printable Quarantine Responsibility Chart for Kids - March 16, 2020
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019