This outdoor summer activities for kids post has been compensated by World Market and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #worldmarkettribe
Summertime is in full swing around here, which means finding easy ways to keep the kiddos busy! While I was at World Market the other day, picking up a new lamp, I spotted an entire section of fun outdoor toys and activities for kids. Who knew they had so many fun and unique things for kids! I loaded up my cart and created a fun summer bucket list for our family. From s’mores to bubbles, we’ve had a blast creating summertime memories. You can check out our list of 20 outdoor summer activities for kids below. Can’t wait to hear what’s on your list this summer!
1. Start a pumpkin patch. Pick up World Market’s grow your own pumpkins kit, it has everything you’ll need to create a pumpkin garden and summertime is the perfect time to start it.
2. Make a splash at the water park. Summer is the perfect time to explore local water parks or splash pads!
3. Set up a lemonade stand. Use World Market’s potting bench to create a lemonade stand and make a batch of homemade lemonade to sell!
4. Fly a kite. Head outdoors on the next breezy day to fly a kite!
6. Catch a movie at the drive-in. Pack some popcorn and watch the latest family friendly flick at the drive-in theater!
7. Take a kid friendly hike. Check your city’s local parks and recreation website to pick an easy, family friendly hike.
8. Feed the ducks. Head to the nearest pond with some duck food (chopped lettuce or bird seed are better choices than bread)!
10. Make a mud pie. Set up a “mud kitchen” in your backyard with old pots and pans and let your child get messy! Just hose off the mess after they are finished.
11. Create some sidewalk art. Break out the chalk and let the kiddos give the pavement a colorful makeover!
12. Explore a new park. Ask friends for new park recommendations or check your local city website to pick a park.
13. Plan a pretend picnic. Grab a picnic basket, World Market has a great selection of picnic baskets, and plan a pretend picnic for some stuffed animal friends.
14. Make homemade popsicles. Fill popsicle molds with lemonade and fresh berries and freeze for a yummy treat!
15. Go camping. Whether it’s in the backyard or at a campsite, set up your tent and make some memories!
16. Plan a staycation. Stay at a nearby resort and explore your city like you are tourists.
18. Go geocaching. Geocaching is like a giant scavenger hunt. You can download geocaching apps on your smartphone to participate.
19. Go stargazing. Bring along a star chart and try to connect the dots to spot constellations.
20. Blow some bubbles. World Market’s touch-a-bubbles are hours of fun and you can touch without popping!
Head to World Market for more fun summer outdoor toys and activities! What are your favorite summer activities for kids?
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019
- Play Review of Chato’s Kitchen with Childsplay - November 21, 2019