Looking for an inexpensive holiday gift idea for kids? This playdough Christmas tree gift idea will be a big hit! Kids can decorate their own playdough Christmas tree using the included supplies. Print out the free gift tag to go with this easy Christmas gift idea. You might also like this fairy garden gift idea.
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions and content are my own.
DECORATE YOUR OWN PLAYDOUGH CHRISTMAS TREE GIFT IDEA
Our Christmas tree is up and we’re in a holiday gift making kinda of mood! When my son was younger, I made gingerbread playdough kits for his classmates. I made homemade playdough for that kit, but you could also use the ready made stuff (it’s so much easier). My daughter wanted to make something similar for her kindergarten aged Girl Scout Daisy troop. She wanted to include sparkly jewels in her playdough kits, so we came up with the idea of “decorating your own playdough Christmas tree”.
I just love how these playdough Christmas tree kits turned out and my daughter can’t wait to gift them! She was excited that she got to test out a kit before we packaged them up and she gives the idea two big thumbs up. She spent hours flattening the dough, cutting it into tree shapes and decorating. This non-candy holiday gift idea is easy and inexpensive to make.
PLAYDOUGH CHRISTMAS TREE GIFT SUPPLIES
- Green Playdough Can
- Tree Cookie Cutter
- Ric Rac
- Small Baggies and Medium Cello Bags
- Red Ribbon
- White Card Stock, Scissors, Hole Punch
- Printable Tags (keep scrolling)
HOW TO MAKE A PLAYDOUGH CHRISTMAS TREE GIFT
These Christmas tree play dough gifts are so easy to make and fun to gift! Follow these simple steps.
- Download and print out the gift tags on white card stock paper. Keep on scrolling for the free printable.
- Cut out the tags using a pair of scissors. Punch a hole near the top of the tags.
- Place a can of green playdough and a tree cookie cutter in a medium cello bag. Place ric rac and jewels in a small cello bag. Place the small cello bag in the larger bag.
- Tie the bag closed with a red ribbon and attach a printable tag.
- Gift to your favorite playdough loving friend!
- The recipient can flatten the playdough, use the cookie cutter to cut a tree shape into the playdough and decorate the tree using the embellishments.
DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE PLAYDOUGH CHRISTMAS TREE GIFT TAGS
Click on the image to download the free printable Christmas tree playdough tags. The front of each tag says “decorate your own Christmas playdough tree”. Feel free to add your name and the recipients name to the tags.
OTHER CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS
- Wrapping Paper Gift Idea
- Thanks A Latte Starbucks Coffee Gift
- Christmas Stovetop Potpourri Gift
- Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- Guacamole Gift Basket Idea
- Hair Scrunchie Christmas Gift
- Holiday Gift of Dishes
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019
- Play Review of Chato’s Kitchen with Childsplay - November 21, 2019