In honor of Dr. Seuss’ upcoming birthday on March 2nd, we made a few Lorax inspired truffela trees for tot school this week. We’ve done similiar beading activities, which don’t seem to hold Logan’s attention for too long anymore, but pretend they are trees from one of his favorite books and it becomes a new game that he can play for hours. I love how imaginative he is at this age! I plan on taking this activity with us on our 4 hour flight to Disney World on Friday, along with some of our other busy bags. Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
Activity: Lorax Trufella Tree Fine Motor Skill/Color Matching
(learning objective: color identification, fine motor skills, language development)
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
Large Pom Poms & Pipe Cleaners (color coordinating)
Small Beads (color coordinating)
Hot Glue Gun
Hot glue large pom poms to color coordinating pipe cleaners (adults only). Sort out 10 matching beads for each pipe cleaner and have your child string the beads, according to the color, on each truffela tree. You can practice counting with your child and identifying colors. Don’t forget to read The Lorax book as part of the activity!
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
Fine print: This post contains an affiliate link. All supplies used in this project were given to me, free of cost, by craftprojectideas.com. I was not compensated for this post.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Disney: 10 Must Eat Snacks at Magic Kingdom - March 15, 2018
- Recipe: Sherlock Gnomes Frog Oreo Treats - March 8, 2018
- Recipe: Dairy Free Apple Pie Protein Shake - March 4, 2018
- Travel: 35+ Things To Do with Preschoolers in Disney World - February 23, 2018