We made this fun Lorax pot for Earth Day yesterday, but in the words of my dad: “Earth Day is everyday”. So, grab a paint brush and help your kiddo make a Lorax pot of their own to plant a few seeds in. I received seed “bombs” from Lowes at the blog conference I recently attended and they apparently don’t require any soil (just drop them anywhere and water), but we needed something to weigh down our pot so we used soil. Logan loves that he has his very own pot and keeps reminding me to water it. Let’s hope he didn’t inherit my non-green thumb. Check out my Lorax inspired truffela tree activity and enter to win a crocheted Lorax hat.
Activity: Lorax Plant Pot
Miniature Terracotta Pot
Orange Acrylic Paint
Orange Pom Pom
Yellow Adhesive Felt
Seeds or Seed “Bombs”
Step 4: Help your child spoon potting soil into their Lorax pot. Have them sprinkle seeds or drop a seed bomb inside of the pot. Grass seed would be a great option for this project. Spoon a little bit of potting soil on top of the seeds. Lightly water the plant daily.
Tot School Tuesday Co-host: Kara of Mine for the Making (visit her blog for preschool aged activities)
Link up your Tot School Tuesday activities here! Tot School Tuesday is all about teaching your child something in a fun and playful way. Blog along with me every Tuesday and link up your ideas here. They can be original ideas or something you saw online (just make sure to give credit to the person who came up with the idea).
“Tot School Tuesday” rules:
- Tot School related blog post links only please. Links to shops, giveaways and products will be deleted.
- Link directly to your Tot School post, not just your blog.
- Please link to See Vanessa Craft somewhere on your post or grab a “Tot School Tuesday” button and link it back to www.seevanessacraft.com.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Upcycled Kleenex Tissue Box Succulent Planter and Craft Caddy - April 19, 2019
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe - April 1, 2019
- Printable: Swim Team Gift Idea Inspired by Mo Willems - March 29, 2019
- Craft: DIY How to Train Your Dragon Headband - February 17, 2019