Make a football field tablecloth out of artificial turf for your next football or tailgating party! This is a super easy and cheap craft that your guests will notice and love. Wondering where to find artificial turf? Most hardware stores, like Lowes and Home Depot, sell it by the yard! Use your scraps to make artificial turf bunting to go with your football theme. Don’t forget to make game day SNICKERS parfaits and Texas caviar to snack on at halftime!
White Adhesive Vinyl
Thin White Vinyl Tape
Directions: Head to your local hardware store and have them cut a piece of artificial turf that will fit your party table. They typically sell artificial turf by the foot, so you might have to trim a little to fit your table. Divide your artificial turf in 6 equal parts and add a strip of thin white vinyl tape to divide those parts, as shown in the photo. Using a Cricut Explore, cut “30, 40, 50, 40, 30” out of the white adhesive vinyl. Helvetica font looks similiar to the traditional football field font. Place these numbers along the tape lines, as shown in the photo. The adhesive backing on the vinyl isn’t a permanent solution. If you plan on using this tablecloth on more than one occasion, I recommend gluing the numbers and lines down. Enjoy your new football field table cloth!
Need more football ideas for your game-watching and tailgating this weekend? I’ve teamed up with a group of creative bloggers to share some fun football game day ideas. So, check out the DIY team spirit wear, football party decor, and great game-watching recipes below!
- Tailgating Mini Pizzas (Huskers style)
- Sweet Football Chex Mix (Buckeyes)
- DIY Team Spirit Bow (BYU)
- Football Napkin Rings
- Game Time Snack Station
- Team Spirit Pom Pom Hair Clips
- Football Tote Bag
- DIY Football T-Shirt
- Football Field Table Runner
- Table Football Game for Kids
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- Valentine’s Day: Monster Jam Car Printable Valentine for Kids - January 10, 2019
- Travel: Carnival Cruise Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast - January 8, 2019
- Christmas: Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree Ornament - December 16, 2018
- Recipe: Chocolate Mug Cake Mix Jar Gift Idea - December 13, 2018