Zen Gardens are relaxing, decorative, and really easy to make. This mini version of a dry landscape garden is perfect for a tabletop or desk. With Father’s Day fast approaching, this might be the perfect gift to make dad for his office. It can serve as a calming, ever-changing piece of art wherever you choose to keep it. The kids will love getting involved with this project too. In fact, my six-year-old is the one putting our Mini Zen Garden together in the video below. Two hours later, she was still entertaining herself with it. I think she thought it was her own personal sandbox. Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Zen Garden…
Mini Zen Garden
small box (We used one of the boxes from my Birchbox subscription, but any small container will work.)
air plants *
*Air Plants: Air plants are perfect to use for this tiny garden because they don’t require soil. They still need to be watered once a week. I simply soak mine in a bowl of water for about 30 minutes and then let them dry on a paper towel before returning them to their gravel terrarium or zen garden.
- Gather your materials.
- Pour the sand into the box.
- Add your air plants and gravel.
- Use the rake to draw lines in the sand.
- Enjoy changing up the layout and design of your garden. It’s your own 3-dimensional piece of desk art!
You might also like this recipe for pulled pork sandwiches, perfect for Father’s Day:
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- Halloween: Jack Skellington Cake - September 29, 2016
- Halloween: Witch Broom Parking Deco Foil Printable - September 27, 2016
- Halloween: Harry Potter Printable Potion Bottles - September 22, 2016
- Halloween: Spooky Popcorn Recipe - September 20, 2016