Sleep is a touchy subject for me. Maybe because I didn’t get any for the first 11 months of Logan’s life. Remember when we finally moved him into his crib when he was around 6 months old? Well, he increasingly started sleeping better from that point on. Hallelujah!
I’m sure there is a sleep deprived mom out there that wants in on the secret of how I got my non-sleeping bundle of joy to sleep for longer than 30 minutes at a time. Well, there were a few things I did that made the transition work for us (aside from me sleeping on his bedroom floor in a sleeping bag the first night…yup, this first time mom did that). My secrets – introducing a lovey and a sound machine.
My child apparently has bionic ears and is an incredibly light sleeper, so we downloaded some white noise to my iPod and docked it on a speaker in his room. That worked but I was left without an iPod because Logan used it during the day for naps and all night long. Sound+Sleep came to the rescue and sent Logan a sound therapy system of his own a few months ago and I got my iPod back to workout with after bedtime.
Like I mentioned, sleep is a touchy subject for me and I was nervous to give this new sound machine a try because I didn’t want to rock the sleeping through the night boat. There’s a white noise sound, in addition to 9 other sounds, included on the machine but I was getting sick of hearing static through the monitor all night long. So, I put on the soothing rainfall sound and what do you know – my child slept like a baby (well, better than a baby because babies don’t actually sleep all that well).
When we have another child, a second Sound+Sleep machine will be one of my first purchases. Mr. Crafty Nest is a fan of the sleek design and I’m a fan of the machine’s magical sleep powers! The rainfall sound coming through the monitor actually helps ME sleep better too and I’m not woken up nearly as much as before by our noisy neighbors. If you know of anyone who could use a good night’s sleep, this would make the perfect holiday gift for them!
Visit Sound+Sleep to purchase these products. A purchase is not necessary to enter the giveaway.
Required: (You must do #1 in order to qualify for the giveaway)
1. Visit Sound+Sleep. Come back here and tell me what feature you like best about this sound therapy system. Make sure to leave your email address or a way for me to contact you in your comment.
Optional/Additional Entries: (Please leave a separate comment for each entry)
2. Follow The Crafty Nest via Google Friend Connect. Current followers count!
3. Subscribe to The Crafty Nest via email HERE. Current subscribers count!
6. Follow @craftyvanessa on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet daily. Current followers count!
7. Follow The Crafty Nest on Pinterest. Current followers count!
8. Post The Crafty Nest badge on your blog (just copy and paste the code you see in my sidebar).
9. Enter another giveaway(s) on The Crafty Nest.
10. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post on this blog.
11. Participate in “Do Something Crafty Fridays” or “Buff Mama Mondays”.
12. Vote for The Craft Nest on We’re on the Fence or Top Mommy Blogger by clicking on the following buttons (can be voted for daily):
The fine print: Do this by December 29th and you are in! 1 winner will be picked randomly. Please make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you or we won’t be able to get this fabulous prize to you. Winners who I am unable to contact and who don’t respond within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification will forfeit their prize and I will draw another name. The products featured above was provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency. These opinions expressed are my own opinions and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Vanessa (see all)
- 20 Tips for Families Visiting Disney Aulani in Hawaii - February 12, 2020
- 5 Reasons to Visit HGTV’s Santa HQ - December 6, 2019
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls Recipe - December 2, 2019
- Play Review of Chato’s Kitchen with Childsplay - November 21, 2019