I received an all expense paid trip from Disney to attend the #RalphBreaksTheInternetEvent at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The opinions expressed here are my own and I received no monetary compensation.
While I was in LA for Disney’s Christopher Robin premiere, I had the opportunity to attend a press junket for Ralph Breaks the Internet at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The building was fully decorated to celebrate the release of their new film. We sat in on a Q&A session with Director Rich Moore, Director/Writer Phil Johnston, and Producer Clark Spencer to chat about the Wreck-It Ralph sequel.
In Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph and best friend Vanellope venture into the vast world of the internet in order to save her game. My family loves the original film so much that we did a DIY Wreck-It Ralph family costume for Halloween last year. I was slightly anxious that the sequel wouldn’t live up to the first film. After getting a behind the scenes look at the film and screening a good chunk of the film, dare I say that Ralph Breaks the Internet might even be better than the first!
Take a look at some of the photos from the Walt Disney Animation Studios building and 10 behind the scenes facts about Ralph Breaks the Internet.
1. Ralph Breaks the Internet will be Disney’s 57th animated feature!
2. Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope von Schweetz, Fix-It Felix, Jr. and Sergeant Calhoun will all be returning for the sequel!
3. To prepare for the film, the crew visited the the One Wilshire building. This building houses a large portion of North America’s internet connections.
4. For an auction scene in the film, they flew in champion auctioneer Brian Curless to voice one of the characters. I highly recommend checking out one of his fast pace auctions on YouTube just for fun!
5. There was an internal debate whether or not the sequel should have been called “Ralph WRECKS the Internet”. Breaking the internet is an actual thing, so Disney went with that.
6. Before filming the the scene where Vanellope meets the Disney princesses, the animators had a Q&A session with the voice actors. The meeting was described as 2 halves of the brain coming together.
7. The original princess voice actors, some many years older, voiced the characters for Ralph Breaks the Internet without a hitch.
8. The good AND bad of the internet is shown in the film. As a mother who fully believes in limiting screen time, I really appreciate that they didn’t glamorize the internet without showing some of the negatives too.
9. C-3PO makes a special appearance in the film. The directors and producer were starstruck when Anthony Daniels, the voice of C-3PO, walked in the studio.
10. Ralph Breaks the Internet will hit theaters on November 21, 2018!
Check out the latest trailer: